Sleep Number® Holiday 2013 Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) WHO RESIDE IN AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE U.S. OR D.C., AND WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, AT TIME OF ENTRY. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C., and where prohibited. Sleep Number® Holiday 2013 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”), on October 27, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on January 20, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Select Comfort Retail Corporation (“Sponsor”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Sponsor, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or to win the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these rules, “immediate families” means spouse, parents or legal guardians, siblings, children, step-parents, step siblings, step-children, and the spouses of each of the forgoing.
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period: (1) ENTER AT A PARTICIPATING SLEEP NUMBER® STORE: Complete the free official entry form found in participating Sleep Number stores, while supplies last, and deposit in the Sweepstakes entry box (found in participating Sleep Number stores) on or before close of business on January 20, 2014. Hours vary by store. In-store entries must be on an official entry form. (2) ENTER BY MAIL: Hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, email address (if available), daytime phone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3” x 5” card, and mail in a business-size (#10) envelope with proper postage affixed to: Sleep Number Holiday 2013 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 6002, Morton Grove, IL 60053. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by January 20, 2014, and received by January 27, 2014, to be eligible.
Each entry must be mailed separately. No facsimile, mechanically reproduced, photocopied, illegible, or incomplete entries will be accepted and all such entries will be void. (3) ENTER ONLINE: Go to sleepnumber.com/holidaysweeps2013 (the “website”), during the Promotion Period and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry either online, in-store, or by mail per person/household/email address for the entire Promotion Period. Entries submitted by any person or household in excess of the stated limit will be void. Automated entries or multiple entries during the Promotion Period by the same person or email address will result in disqualification of all such entries. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or postage-due entries or mail, or for lost or stolen entry boxes. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be acknowledged and will not be included in the Sweepstakes drawing. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein.
3. DRAWING: On or about February 4, 2014, a random drawing for one (1) prize winner will be conducted in compliance with these Official Rules by a Sponsor representative from the office of Promotion Activators, the Administrator. The drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received by all entry methods combined in accordance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received from all entry methods combined. Potential winner will be notified by overnight mail, telephone, and/or private delivery service (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), within ten (10) days of the drawing, at the address and/or telephone number indicated on his/her entry form. In the event potential winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age, but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Queen Sleep Number® Performance Series p5 mattress, one (1) Queen FlexFit Plus™ adjustable base, one (1) Queen Total Protection Mattress Pad, two (2) Standard Down pillows, and Comfort ServiceSM Home Delivery, Setup & Removal of current mattress, where available. Total approximate retail value: $4,729.94. No cash edemptions or prize substitutions will be allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value should an advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Winner must comply with these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian, if an eligible minor) will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of the date printed on winner’s notification letter, or the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable or refused, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize for tax purposes. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS/DISCLAIMER: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if any part of the Sweepstakes or any process associated therewith becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper operation of the Sweepstakes andprocessing of entries per these rules, or if infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention,actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event that the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to have the Administrator select the prize winner for the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation/termination. Proof of entering information on Sponsor’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. False and/or deceptive entries or acts of any kind shall render entrants ineligible to receive a prize. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, advertising, or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize/prize winner. By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, participants: (a) agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) agree that the Select Comfort Corporation; Promotion Activators, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies; and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for printing, typographical, human, distribution, production, omission, or other errors of any kind that may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, lost, late, damaged, misdirected, garbled, illegible, or incomplete entries (all such entries will be disqualified); incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications; other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors; human error; technical malfunctions or defects of computer systems or telephone networks utilized in the Sweepstakes; theft, tampering, destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data processing that is processed late or incorrectly, the announcement of the prize or in any other Sweepstakes related materials or the receipt and/or use of any prize; (c) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all injuries, claims, damages, or losses of any kind that arise from or are sustained directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with acceptance or use/misuse of prize or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (d) by accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or voice for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without notification, permission, or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not responsible for any condition that might cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, including an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, or any other causes. The Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes and void all associated entries, at its sole discretion, if you repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes’ Official Rules or act: (a) in a manner they determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten, or harass any other entrant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility or quality. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER’S NAME/RULES REQUESTS: You may obtain the winner’s name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 27, 2014, to: Sleep Number Holiday 2013 Winner’s Name Request, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053. Complete Official Rules will be available at participating SLEEP NUMBER® stores and online at sleepnumber.com/holidayweeps 2013 during the Promotion Period or you may obtain a copy of the Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by January 20, 2014, to: Sleep Number Holiday 2013 Sweepstakes Rules Request, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053. Vermont residents may omit return postage on rules requests.
8. SPONSOR: Select Comfort Retail Corporation, 9800 59th Avenue N., Minneapolis, MN 55442
9. JUDGE/ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Activators, Inc., 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053
©2013 Select Comfort Corporation. All rights reserved.