10-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Select Comfort Corporation ("Select Comfort") warrants to the original purchaser that the accompanying product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten years from the original invoice date. This Limited Warranty does not cover conditions resulting from normal wear and tear. Use of the product diminishes the loft of the filling material. Since this is an anticipated characteristic of the product, Select Comfort makes no warranty with respect to the natural compression of the filling material. All cleaning must be done in accordance with care instructions. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Remedies
If, during the Limited Warranty period, the product is found to be defective because of defects in material or workmanship, it will be replaced without charge. To obtain replacement product and Authorization for Return of product resulting from a defect, contact Select Comfort Customer Service at 800-472-7185Call: 800-472-7185 to obtain Return Authorization. Defective products must be returned, along with the original invoice, to Select Comfort, 6105 Trenton Lane North, Minneapolis, MN 55442. Select Comfort will prepay shipping charges for a replacement product. Replacement of a product under the terms of this Limited Warranty in no way lengthens the Limited Warranty period.
Select Comfort will bear no other expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you. Select Comfort reserves the right to refuse to replace a product that is returned in an unsanitary condition. This Limited Warranty applies only to the product as used in the United States and Canada. It is not applicable in U.S. territories or other countries. This Limited Warranty does not apply in the event of misuse or abuse of a product. Select Comfort reserves the right to substitute a product of equal or better quality if an identical product is not available at the time of replacement under this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
10 YEAR STAIN PROTECTION LIMITED WARRANTY
Limited Warranty Coverage:
Ten Year Stain Protection Limited Warranty on a Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad. Ten Year Stain Protection Limited Warranty on a new Sleep Number® mattress,excluding the foundation, when a Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad is purchased on the same day and the pad is on the mattress at the time of spillage
Limited Warranty Term:
Ten (10) years from the date of purchase of Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad and Sleep Number® Mattress
Limited Warranty Coverage Includes:
- Stain protection from food
- Stain protection from beverages
- Stain protection from human and animal bodily fluids
- Stain protection from facial cosmetics
- Stain protection from crayons
- Stain protection from oil and grease
Limited Warranty Coverage Excludes:
- Stains caused by general soiling, defined as gradual and non-single occurrence buildup of dirt, dust, body oils, and perspiration
- Stains caused by negligence or abuse by user; improper maintenance of mattress protector and/or mattress; normal wear and tear
- Stains caused by acids, corrosives; nail polish; nail polish remover; inks; gum; paint; bleach; medications; vitamins; chemical hair treatments such as hair gel, hair spray, and mousse; dyes; solvents; non-colorfast material; and stains of unknown origin
- Stains caused by damage to the mattress protector or mattress by a pet, including damage from pet beaks, claws or teeth
- Stains caused during, or as a result of mattress in transit or storage while in your possession
- Stains caused by property, structural or casualty damage and acts of God, such as, but not limited to, flood and fire
- Stains on foundation, carpet or flooring due to substance that may run off the mattress or mattress protector
- Stains occurring on protector or mattress used in non-residential settings, or located outdoors or in patios or screened rooms where they may be directly or indirectly exposed to the elements;
- Stains occurring on the mattress when the Total Protection Mattress Pad is not in use at the time of spillage
Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad
What you must do:
- If a stain occurs, machine-wash and dry the Total Protection Mattress Pad immediately, according to the use and care instructions. If the stain persists, call the toll free number for professional advice.
- REGISTER CLAIM WITHIN NO MORE THAN FIVE (5) DAYS OF INCIDENT BY CALLING 800-472-7185
- When calling, have available your warranty copy, store receipt, date of delivery, and date of spill. If ordered on line or thru direct, please have your order number for customer service to reference.
- If we cannot assist you in removing the stain, you will receive a return authorization number and will be asked to return the TotalProtection Mattress Pad to Select Comfort to receive a no charge replacement. Replaced item(s) become the property of Select Comfort.
- Replacement is limited to the affected mattress pad only
- Retail receipt for your Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad must be provided for validated warranty, unless ordered online or thru our service department, then you will need your order number.
Sleep Number® Mattress
- REGISTER CLAIM WITHIN NO MORE THAN FIVE (5) DAYS OF INCIDENT BY CALLING 800-472-7185
- When calling, have available your warranty number, store receipt, date of delivery, and date of spill
- Select Comfort may provide free professional stain removal and/or repair advice, and/or products to aid you in the cleaning or repair of the stained or damaged mattress.
- If the stain persists, Select Comfort may arrange for a no charge in-home service by a professional cleaning technician.
- Retail receipt(s) showing purchase of a Sleep Number® Mattress and a Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad on the same date must be provided for validated warranty, unless ordered online or thru our service department, then you will need your order number.
What we will do:
- If Select Comfort’s designated technician cannot remove the stain or affect repair, Select Comfort, at its sole option, may elect to replace the affected area or replace the mattress. If a new mattress is required, Select Comfort will select a replacement equal in value to the original purchase price of the affected mattress.
- Service or replacement is limited to the affected mattress only and the total value of such replacements is limited $5,000.00.
- Select Comfort is not responsible for dye lot, texture or cover variations in the replacement Sleep Number® mattress.
- Replaced item(s) become the property of Select Comfort.
- Retail receipt for Sleep Number® Mattress and a Sleep Number® Total Protection Mattress Pad must be provided for validated warranty unless ordered online or thru our service department, then you will need your order number.
- Your exclusive remedy, IN LIEU OF ALL INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE, is limited to repair or replacement of any product under the terms and conditions stated above. Select Comfort will bear no other damages or expenses.
- Limited Warranty becomes void if you do not cooperate with Select Comfort in its reasonable efforts to perform obligations
- Limited Warranty applies only to products used in the United States.
- Limited Warranty is non-transferable.
- Repair or replacement of a product under this Limited Warranty in no way lengthens the limited warranty period
- Replacement of the mattress is limited to one (1) mattress during the life of the warranty. Replacement of the mattress covered by this warranty fulfills all terms and conditions of warranty coverage for mattress and pad. Replacement of the Total Protection. Mattress Pad is limited to one (1) Total Protection Mattress Pad during the life of the warranty. All replaced items become the property of Select Comfort.
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY. The remedies provided in the express warranties are your sole and exclusive remedies. Some jurisdictions do not allow time limitations on implied warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
When Calling For Service You Must Have
- The original receipt showing purchase of Total Protection Mattress Pad and new Sleep Number® mattress on the same date unless ordered online or thru our service department, then you will need your order number.
- The original copy of this warranty
- The purchase date of the mattress pad and new Sleep Number® mattress
- The date of the occurrence of the stain