Sleep Number® bed purchases are estimated for delivery in our standard delivery areas within 2
weeks. Use your Order Number to track your order at www.sleepnumber.com/ordertracking.
Please allow 24 hours for your order to be visible in our tracking system.
For purchases made in or delivered to New Jersey:
The merchandise you have ordered is promised for delivery to you within 8 weeks. If the merchandise
ordered by you is not delivered by the promised delivery date, Sleep Number must offer
you the choice of (1) canceling your order with a prompt, full refund of any payments you have made,
or (2) accepting delivery at a specific later date.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Shipping and Delivery
Home delivery is available on selected products in selected areas. Depending on the product purchased,
home delivery may be the only delivery or return option available. Shipping and delivery fees are non-refundable
and do not include any return shipping/delivery service, which is available for an additional charge.
Home delivery outside our standard delivery areas may be available for an additional charge.
In-Home Trial Policy
Except as noted in the Exclusions/Final Sale section below, Sleep Number® beds, non-adjustable
bases, Sleep Number® remote controls purchased with a Sleep Number® bed, and
DualTemp™ layers are covered by an In-Home Trial Period that begins the day your new Sleep Number®
bed, base, layer, or remote arrives.
The In-Home Trial Period for Sleep Number® beds, non-adjustable bases, and Sleep Number® remote controls is 100 nights.
If, after sleeping on your new bed for a full 30 nights, you are not completely satisfied, contact us before the end of the 100-night In-Home Trial
Period to arrange for the return or exchange of your purchase. The In-Home Trial Period for a DualTemp™ layer is 30 nights; if you are not
completely satisfied, you may contact us before the end of the 30-night In-Home Trial Period to arrange for the return
or exchange of your purchase. Please note items exchanged at any time under the In-Home Trial Policy do not qualify
for a new In-Home Trial Period. The In-Home Trial Policy does not apply to products not listed in this section and
does not apply to products previously exchanged under the In-Home Trial Policy. For any permitted returns, return
shipping/delivery fees may apply. Depending on the product purchased, the only available return shipping option may
be to have the product picked up by us at your cost. Please refer to the Returns section below for further details.
Certain products are not subject to the In-Home Trial Policy. In addition, except with respect to purchases made
in or delivery to New Jersey where delivery is delayed beyond the specific date identified above, certain
products are not returnable or are a final sale. Listed below are the product-specific return/exchange
policies that apply (if purchased):
Adjustable Bases (FlexFit™ 1, FlexFit™2 and FlexFit™3):
All sales of FlexFit™ adjustable bases are final.
Due to their unique handling and delivery requirements, all adjustable bases are excluded from any
In-Home Trial Policy and are not returnable or exchangeable.
Bedding/Pillows are not returnable.
However, within the first 30 days of your purchase, you may elect a one-time exchange of your Bedding/Pillow
purchase for another Bedding/Pillow item.
All sales of Upholstered Furniture are final.
As these products are made-to-order items, your order of these items is not cancellable at
any time after purchase. These items are also not returnable or exchangeable.
Demo and Display Products:
All sales of demo, display, and products otherwise marked as a final sale are final.
These sales are excluded from any In-Home Trial Policy that might otherwise accompany an identical
product that is not demo or display product.
Any permissible return must first be authorized by us. No unauthorized returns are allowed.
With the exception of a DualTemp™ layer, no returns can be processed in our retail stores.
Contact the Sleep Number® Customer Service Center at (800) 472-7185
to obtain a Return Service Order (RSO) number before returning any product to us (except a DualTemp™ layer returned to a retail store). Once your authorized return
has been completely received by us in a good and sanitary condition, we will reimburse the purchase price of
the returned items less any return shipping/delivery fees. Refunds are issued to the original method of
payment within approximately 21 days. Unauthorized returns will be destroyed with no refund or credit given.
You are responsible for the return shipping/delivery fees for products returned to or exchanged with us.
The full retail value of any gift-with-purchase promotional items will be deducted from any refund unless such
promotional items are also returned or unless such deduction is prohibited by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale is intended to alter or modify the terms of any limited warranty that may
accompany your purchase. No one has the authority to change the terms of any limited warranty. Please refer to the
applicable limited warranty for complete details including specific restrictions and exclusions. Please note that your
limited warranty may provide that any legal disputes with us are subject to an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process
which includes the waiver of specific processes and/or remedies that would otherwise be available to you. For further
information about limited warranties or the ADR process, please visit www.sleepnumber.com/warranty.
Use of the SleepIQ® system is governed by the terms of the End User Agreement which will be presented
electronically when the SleepIQ® service is activated. A copy of the current End User Agreement is
available on our website at
Mattress/Bed and Base Recycling Fees
To fund recycling programs, certain states have laws requiring retailers to collect a fee on each mattress/bed
and base sold in or shipped to those states. The recycling fee is legally required and not a Sleep Number imposed
fee. We remit this fee to the state authority that imposes it. This fee applies whether or not you are disposing
of an old mattress/bed or base. The fees are as follows: CT - $9 per component for each mattress/bed and each
base; CA - $10.50 per component for each mattress/bed and each base. RI - $16 per component for each mattress/bed
and each base.
Important Information for Promotional/Financed Purchases
Payment terms on purchases financed through Synchrony Financial or HELPcard are governed by your agreement with them as the card
issuer. Available promotional financing plans change over time. If you are financing your purchase, details of the plan you
selected are listed in the documents provided at the point of sale and are also available from the card issuer.
Contact Synchrony Financial at (800) 250-5411 or visit
Contact HELPcard at (877) 834-0550 or visit
Select Comfort Retail Corporation (“we” or “Company”) is offering you (“you” or “Insider”) the opportunity to earn program reward points (“Points”) through the InnerCircleSM Social Loyalty Program (“Program”) offered on the Program’s website located at www.sleepnumber.com/inner-circle (“Site”).
- By using the Site or participating in the Program, you are bound by these Terms and indicate your agreement to them. All of Company’s decisions are final and binding. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, OR IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCESS, REGISTER FOR, OR USE THE PROGRAM. COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING ALL OR ANY PART OF THE PROGRAM WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE AND WILL CREATE A LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT UNDER WHICH YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS, WITHOUT MODIFICATION.
- Copyright. You hereby grant to Company and its affiliates, agents, and licensees a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicense-able, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free right and non-exclusive license to use, incorporate, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, modify, and promote and create derivative works of your content.
- Your purchase of a Sleep Number® (“Sleep Number”) mattress or mattress set from one of Sleep Number Corporation’s (“Sleep Number”) Sleep Number stores, its website, live chat, or phone retail channels qualifies you for Company’s InnerCircle promotional program. InnerCircle members are known as “Insiders.”
- To access and use the Program, Insiders must register and create an account on Site in accordance with Section 5.
- You must be at or over the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to register for, access, and use the Program. Access and use of the Program is intended for residents of the United States and is not intended to be used by anyone residing outside of the United States.
- If you do not meet the eligibility criteria in Sections 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3, then you are prohibited from accessing, using, and registering for Program.
- Company may change its eligibility criteria for Program participation at any time and at its sole discretion without notice.
- You shall be eligible to receive InnerCircle benefits offered by Company notwithstanding your registration in and participation in Program. Your participation in the Program, the expiration of your Points as set forth in these Terms, or the closing or termination of your Program Account for any reason under these Terms shall not cancel, modify, or terminate your eligibility for InnerCircle benefits.
- To enroll in the Program, you must:
- Register for an account (“Program Account” on the Site sleepnumber.com/inner-circle by providing Company with your name, mailing or service address, zip code, email address, phone number, username, password, your preferred method of contact, and other information Company may require for registration. Limit one (1) Program account per Insider. You shall not create additional Program Accounts by means of registering separate email addresses. If applicable to earn Points, Company may require you to provide it with access to your social media accounts. You are solely responsible for maintaining current and accurate Program Account registration information. Company may refuse to accept your registration at its sole discretion; and
- Accept and agree to participate in the Program and use the Site in accordance with these Terms.
- If Company accepts your registration, Company will provide you access credentials for the Site. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access credentials and accuracy of your Program Account information. You are solely responsible for any and all activities under your Program Account.
Program Points and Rewards
- Company establishes, at its sole discretion, the activities through which you earn Points, the number of Points
you earn through such activities, the respective point tier levels (defined as “Circles” in Section 6.4), the
number of Points required to attain each Circle, and the Rewards available for redemption at each respective Circle
- You earn Points by completing activities set forth on the Site by Company, including but not limited to social
media activities, submission of product reviews, referrals, store visits, and other such activities (“Qualified
Activities”). Company may change the type, Point value, and duration of Qualified Activities at its sole discretion
and without notice to you. For a complete list of Qualified Activities and the corresponding number of points you
can earn for each Qualified Activity, please visit Site.
- Points will be credited to your Program Account after you complete a Qualified Activity. You may log in to your
Program Account at any time to review your Points balance.
- There are six (6) Circles within the Program, which you attain by earning the Company-designated number of
Points required for each respective Circles. The Circles are the Blue, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond
Circles, respectively. Once you reach a specific Circle within the Program, you are eligible to redeem the Rewards
exclusive to Insiders who have attained that Circle if you redeem your points for a Reward, as that term is defined
in Section 6.6.1. Company may change the respective Circles and the points required to attain each Circle at its
sole discretion and without notice to you.
- Point Restrictions. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Your points do not have any cash value and may only be used to qualify for rewards
made available upon attaining a respective tier level;
- The provision of Company products as rewards may be time-limited or available in limited qualities;
- Your points cannot be redeemed by or sold, assigned, bequeathed, or otherwise transferred to any other
Insider registered in the Program or to any other natural person, trust, for-profit or non-profit entity or
organization, or other third party;
- All your points expire to the extent permitted by law upon the termination of your Program account for any
reason under these Terms;
- Company’s ability to credit Points to your Program Account based on completing Qualified Activities at social
media sites may be restricted by the terms, conditions, or functions of such sites;
- You must earn Points by completing Qualified Activities in accordance with these Terms. Any Points you obtain
or attempt to obtain by any means that simulates earning Points in accordance with these Terms and Company’s
operation of Program are invalid; and
- Company’s good faith determination of the amount of Points in your account is final and binding.
- Company shall display its current list of Rewards offered for each tier on the Site. The Rewards
offered may include but are not limited to cash, automatic entry into a sweepstakes, products, or other
prizes that Company may select at its sole discretion. The Rewards provided at each Circle are solely
determined by Company.
- You shall review your Program Account’s Points balance when you attain a Circle and redeem the
Reward(s) set forth for such tier within 14 business days of attaining such Circle.
- Company shall conduct any and all Program sweepstakes in accordance with official sweepstakes rules.
You are solely responsible for reviewing such rules for any and all sweepstakes into which you are entered.
- Your Points shall continue to accrue even after you have redeemed any Rewards available in a
- Your redemption and receipt of any Reward is final and cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to Rewards and will be set forth on the Site. Any products
provided by Company as Rewards will be provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or
implied by Company.
- You acknowledge and agree that you shall not transfer, substitute, or redeem Points for cash. You are
responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes as well as any other costs or expenses associated with
a Reward not specified in these Terms or on the Site as being provided. Rewards provided in the form of
cash or product or any product awarded in connection with a sweepstakes are considered taxable income and
are subject to federal, state, and local taxes. Company will issue you an IRS 1099 tax form for tax
purposes if the value of the Rewards you have received in a calendar year is $600 or more.
- Company will send any tangible Rewards you redeem to you at the mailing or service address you
provided in your Program Account registration. You acknowledge and agree that you may be charged shipping
and handling fees set forth on the Site for any Rewards mailed to you unless a shipping promotion applies,
if any. You are solely responsible for updating your mailing or service address in your Program Account.
Any Rewards that can be delivered electronically shall be sent by Company to you at the email address you
provided in your Program Account registration within five (5) business days from the date you redeem such a
Reward. No Rewards will be sent to any physical or email address outside of the United States.
- Company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, stockholders, successors, assigns, and third party
service providers, including but not limited to CrowdTwist, Inc., shall not be liable for any damages,
losses, or delays in connection with any shipments.
- Point Expiration. Once you register for the Program, you must complete at least one (1) Qualified
Activity every 12 months to retain your earned but unused Points in your Points balance. To the extent
permitted by law, Company will close your Program Account and clear your Points balance if you do not
complete at least one (1) Qualified Activity within 365 calendar days from the date of your last Program
Account activity. Company may, at its discretion and upon a frequency established by Company, but is not
obligated to, send you written notice to remind you that your points expire after 12 months of inactivity.
You are solely responsible for monitoring your Program account, point status, and Program activity
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, you may close your Program account at any time in accordance with the Site’s procedure for performing such action.
- Company may terminate your Program Account at any time and at its discretion should Company deem your use of Program to fail or appear to fail to comply with any provision of these Terms or any federal, state, and local law, statute, ordinance, or regulation. All your Points expire to the extent permitted by law upon the termination of your account for any reason.
- Account Reactivation. You may reactivate your Program Account if it was closed or terminated in accordance with Sections 6.6.10 or 7.1. Your reactivation of your Program Account does not restore your Points balance from any of your closed or terminated Program Accounts.
User Rules and Conduct.
- The Program is provided to you only for your personal, non-commercial use. Any unauthorized use of the Program
and the Site is expressly prohibited. You are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your
Program Account, username, or password, including any and all social media or product review content posted or
submitted in connection with the Program.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not use Program and the Site for any purpose that is unlawful,
commercial in nature, charitable, capital, or other fundraising activity, or prohibited by the Terms or any other
agreement you have executed with Company.
- You acknowledge and agree to use the Program in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, statutes,
ordinances, or regulations.
- You acknowledge and agree that any product reviews you submit in connection with Program comply with the Federal
Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not take any action or upload, post, submit, or otherwise distribute or
facilitate the distribution of any content in connection with Program through Site, social media platform, product
review portal, or any other electronic or digital communication platform in any manner that:
- Is unlawful, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing,
libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, profane, or which otherwise violates these Terms;
- Infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, or
rights of publicity or privacy of another natural person, competitor, entity or organization, or other third party;
- Makes any reference to another natural person by their full name or by including any
information about such natural person that they could be identified by name, competitor, entity or organization, or
other third party, including their website, mailing or service address, email address, or phone number;
- Company deems as or that it may reasonably consider to be defamatory, hateful, racially
or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any natural person, entity
or organization, or other third party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail distribution
such as spamming, chain letters, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- Imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Company’s computing, storage,
or communications infrastructure, or that attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts,
computer systems, or networks connected to the Program, through password mining or otherwise;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are
designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or
network system or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, or other information of Company or
any third party;
- Creates Insider accounts by any automated means or under false or misleading pretenses;
- Harvests, scrapes, or collects any information from the Program or the Site;
- disguises the source of your content posted by you; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company.
- You acknowledge and agree that you have not received compensation or any consideration from another natural
person, competitor of Company, entity or organization, or other third party for any and all content or product
reviews posted or submitted in connection with Program.
- You acknowledge and agree that Company may immediately suspend or terminate your access to Program at its sole
discretion should Company deem your use of Program to fail or appear to fail to comply with any provision of these
- Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, STOCKHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CROWDTWIST, INC., SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, you agree to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Company and its third party service providers, including but not limited to CrowdTwist, Inc. Company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, stockholders, successors, assigns, and third party service providers, including but not limited to CrowdTwist, Inc., are not responsible for delayed, late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, or undelivered Rewards, or any other problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Program. An Insider found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Program or the Site, acting in a disruptive manner, or who is otherwise not in compliance with these Terms as solely determined by Company may be removed from Program and all of your stamps will be void. Company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, stockholders, successors, assigns, and third party service providers, including but not limited to CrowdTwist, Inc., are not responsible for injury or damage to your computer or any mobile device or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from your participation in the Program or downloading materials from or use of Site. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any and all internet access costs, service charges, and any other fees incurred by your use of the internet or any wireless communications networks on any computer, mobile device, or any other device in connection with the Program.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, INTEGRATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. COMPANY AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) ANY INFORMATION WILL BE TIMELY, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (B) THE SITE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR PLACE; (C) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (E) ANY RESULT OR OUTCOME CAN BE ACHIEVED. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
- Sign-In Credentials. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your sign-in credentials and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of them. You agree that the Company will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of you credentials.
- Cancellation, Modification, or Termination of Terms. Company reserves the right to amend any of these Terms at any time and at Select Comfort’s sole discretion without prior written notice at any time. All changes are effective upon Company’s posting of the updated terms on the Site. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AFTER THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND TERMINATE YOUR PROGRAM ACCOUNT.
Alternative Dispute Resolution. We hope to never have a dispute with you. In the unlikely event of a dispute with respect to this Program or its validity or enforceability or any other dispute, action or controversy between us that relates to this Program, whether in contract, warranty, tort, statute, regulation, ordinance or any other legal or equitable basis (a “Dispute”), you and we agree that such Dispute shall be resolved according to these alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provisions.
- Trial by Jury and Class Action Waiver. By participating in the Program you understand and agree that except as
provided herein, you have waived your right to have your Dispute with us resolved by either a jury or bench trial.
We have waived our right to a jury or bench trial as well. You also understand and agree that you have waived your
right to participate in any litigation related to your Dispute on a class basis or as a class member.
- Fundamental Fairness. Sleep Number supports the proposition that all parties to a Dispute that is subject to
these ADR provisions are entitled to a fundamentally fair process and hearing. Toward that end, Sleep Number
intends these ADR provisions to fully support the Consumer Due Process Protocol as published by the American
Arbitration Association (“AAA”). Each party shall be given adequate notice of hearings and an opportunity to be
heard and to present relevant evidence.
- ADR Administrator and Rules. Unless we both otherwise agree in writing, any mediation or arbitration under
these ADR provisions of this agreement shall be administered by and pursuant to the non-binding mediation or
binding arbitration rules of the AAA concerning consumer-related disputes in effect at the time a case is filed.
Information on these rules can be found on the AAA website (www.adr.org).
- ADR Process. Except in the case of a Small Claim, as defined below, you agree that any and all Disputes between
us shall be submitted first to non-binding mediation. If the Dispute is not resolved through mediation, you may
then submit the Dispute for binding arbitration. Further information on the ADR process may found on the AAA
- Restrictions on Arbitration. Disputes shall be arbitrated on an individual basis. You have no right to or
authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or in a purported representative capacity on
behalf of the general public or other persons or entities similarly situated. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve
disputes and to make awards is limited to Disputes between you and us alone. Furthermore, disputes brought by
either you or us against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with disputes brought by or
against any third party unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision on any Dispute
shall be given preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a party to the
arbitration. Should any portion of this paragraph be stricken from this agreement or deemed otherwise
unenforceable, then this entire ADR section shall be stricken.
- 14.6 Small Claims. If your Dispute is for damages of less than the jurisdictional limit for claims made in small
claims court where you live (a “Small Claim”), you may elect to file your Small Claim on a
non-class/non-consolidated/non-representative basis in such small claims court instead of submitting your Small
Claim to the AAA for mediation or arbitration as required by this agreement. If your Small Claim is unsuccessful in
small claims court and you wish to further pursue your Small Claim, you agree to submit Your Small Claim to the AAA
as a Dispute for binding arbitration but not mediation under this agreement.
- Costs and Fees Imposed by AAA: You may be required to pay a filing fee when you file your Dispute with the AAA.
Generally speaking, there is no fee to file a request to mediate with the AAA. There is generally a filing fee
required to file an arbitration request. You should contact the AAA to determine what the filing fee is. The AAA
also charges certain administrative costs and expenses related to a mediation or arbitration. For example, the
mediators or arbitrators selected by the parties will need to be paid for their time and related travel expenses
(if any). Except in cases where the mediator or arbitrator determines that your Dispute is baseless, frivolous or
was filed with the principal purpose of being vexatious or to annoy, we will be responsible for paying all other
fees or expenses related to the mediation or arbitration as imposed by the AAA above and beyond the filing fees
imposed on you by the AAA. You are responsible for paying your own attorney’s fees if you choose to be represented
by an attorney.
- Right to Representation. During the ADR process (either mediation or arbitration) you have the right, at your
own expense, to be represented by an attorney. The choice of whether to retain an attorney and the costs and
expenses of such attorney are entirely yours.
- Initiating the Dispute Resolution Process. Please contact your local small claims court clerk for instructions
on submitting your Small Claim to the small claims court. To submit your Dispute to mediation (initial claims) or
arbitration (appeals), please contact the AAA.
- Selection of Neutrals. Any mediation or arbitration filed with the AAA will be heard by an independent and
neutral third party (a “Neutral”). As part of the ADR process, all parties are entitled to a Neutral who is
independent and impartial. Toward that end and pursuant to the AAA rules for the selection of a Neutral, each party
will be provided with a list of available Neutrals by the AAA. Each party will be entitled to strike those Neutrals
the party deems unacceptable. The parties shall then rank the Neutrals remaining on their list. The AAA will select
the Neutral from the names remaining on the list starting with the highest mutually ranked Neutral.
- Location of Mediation or Arbitration. In the case of face-to-face proceedings, such proceedings will be
conducted at a locale that is reasonably convenient to each party with due consideration of each party’s ability to
travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination will
be made by the Neutral.
- Nature of Hearing. In some cases, the Neutral may find it more expeditious and/or less costly to render an
opinion based on written submissions only (no hearing) or based on a hearing conducted telephonically. The Neutral
shall always have discretionary authority as to whether to require a face-to-face hearing at the request of either
- Remedies and Awards. The Neutral shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court or in
equity. In the case of arbitration, the decision of the Neutral and any award granted to either party shall be
final and binding but subject to review in accordance with applicable statutes governing arbitration awards. In
making the award, the Neutral should apply any identified, pertinent contract terms, statutes and legal precedents.
The Neutral shall also provide a brief written explanation of the basis for any award at the time it is made.
The Terms and all content provided by Sleep Number are copyright ©2017 Sleep Number Corporation. Any rights not
expressly granted are herein reserved.